Koala Tree Shears
Powerful Koala Excavator Tree Shears
Made from high-strength steel and armed with a replaceable blade it comes as no surprise that the Koala Tree shears have become a success across the globe. The MDE Koala tree shear range was designed with a purposely built heavy Hardox chassis to ensure it is stronger, more resilient, and robust than any excavator tree shear in its market category.
We offer a wide range of tree shears with 4 cutting diameter models that suit excavators 1.5 – 30 tons. Attached to an excavator's hammer lines, the Koala tree shears are a hydraulic attachment that cuts trees efficiently with its’ powerful hydraulic ram. With our signature replaceable wing-style blade to be the first on the market.
Through years of testing and re-designing, MDE has developed an efficient, powerful, high-quality attachment for cutting trees. The arm takes a firm grip on the tree and a hydraulic cylinder pushes the hardox edge through the tree to shear it. The benefit this design has is that when the tree is cut it can be placed in a safe location.
- Fast harvest of small trees, bushes, and strong wood.
- Harvesting and maintenance of forestry.
- Maintenance work in the utilities sector.
- Private and commercial landscape maintenance.
- Suitable for the clearing of agricultural land.
- Maintenance of roadways, railways, and canals.
- Materials are easier handled to drop off areas
- Easily removes trees & bushes
- Low cost-efficient attachment
- Improves operator’s safety
- Low maintenance cost
- Simple and easy to use, lowers your labor costs
- Quick and easy to set up (aux pipes, hammer pipes)
K150 Tree Shear
It may be small, but it's mighty!
Excavators 1.5t - 5t
Cutting Capacity 150mm/6"
K200 Tree Shear
The K200 is super lightweight yet extremely strong.
Excavators 2.7t - 10t
Cutting Capacity 200mm/8"
K300 Tree Shear
Our most versatile tree shear in the range
Excavators 6t - 21t
Cutting Capacity 300mm/12”
K400 Tree Shear
King of the Koalas.
Excavators 12t - 36t
Cutting Capacity 400mm/16"